Trent Valley Brewery Company
Trading under the same name, the firm had previously operated opposite the Swan Hotel in Bird Street in Lichfield. This was later used as a stores for their wholesaling operation. The company also had premises in Burton Road.
The brewery produced ales from their deep spring water which was certified by R. Cartmell R.C.S. and other analysts to be of "absolute purity and was particularly adapted for the production of high class ales and stouts."
In July 1889 the company appointed Mr. J. J .H. King as their new manager. He
had previously held the post of manager at the City Brewery in Exeter. He was
still in the post when the company, along with 47 public houses, was acquired by
Co. Ltd. at the end of March 1891. The head brewer at the time was Mr.
William H. A. Barnes who hailed from Dorset.