Some history of the Vine Inn on Ann Street at Birmingham in Warwickshire
This beer house was located close to Newhall Street at Nos. 3-4 Ann Street. The boozer had a relatively short life and appears to have closed in 1868 when the stock and contents were offered at auction. The sale included all the public-house furniture, ale store fittings, stock in trade, and effects including tables, chairs, gas-fittings, blinds, shop counter, four-pull ale machine, clock, shelves, seating, glassware, measures, pewters, signs, three tons of coal, Ind Coope's Pale Ale, Findlater's Dublin Stout, quarter cask of superior Sherry, five other full casks of Wine, three dozen Champagne, five dozen Port and Sherry, and other stock and effects.
In August 1869 William Henry Jones applied for a spirit licence for the property, presumably in order to operate as a wine and spirits merchant. However, it would appear that his application was unsuccessful. Thereafter the property is occupied by solicitors and the like. It had once been an eating house run by Edwin Richards.