Photographs, Negatives, Slides and Plates of Churches and Chapels
A photograph of the Church of Saint George in the Fields on the corner of Great Russell Street and Tower Street, though the church was officially in Great Hampton Row. The Hockley church was consecrated in 1822. Saint George's was a Gothic Revival building by Thomas Rickman and a Commissioners' Church erected to help maintain order amongst the poor urban population. The building was demolished in 1960.