Some history of the Drovers' Arms on Cheshire Street at Market Drayton in the county of Shropshire.

Home

The Drovers' Arms was located on the eastern side of Cheshire Street. The pub was demolished when the site was used for the construction of a branch of the Manchester and Liverpool District Banking Company, a structure erected in 1870.

Market Drayton : Map extract showing the site of the Drovers' Arms and location of the Royal Oak Inn on Cheshire Street [1886]
© Crown Copyright. Reproduced with kind permission of the National Library of Scotland under the Creative Commons Attribution licence.

More information to follow ....

Licensees of the Drovers' Arms

1851 - William Roden
1863 - Jane Roden
Note : this is not a complete list of licensees for this pub. The dates of early licensees are sourced from trade directories, census data, electoral rolls, rate books and newspaper articles. Names taken from trade directories may be slightly inaccurate as there is some slippage from publication dates and the actual movement of people.

Genealogy Connections

Click here to share your story or memories OR to send a genealogy query

Click or tap here for more information

Click here to visit the W3C Markup Validation Service