Some history on Netherton in the county of Worcestershire


Netherton Pubs

1912 Kelly's Trade Directory

Photographs of Netherton

More information to follow ....

Contemporary Photographs

Genealogy Connections

Click here to share your story or memories OR to send a genealogy query

Related Newspaper Articles

"Francis Norton, ironworker, of Netherton, was charged with being drunk and disorderly at Netherton, on the 12th inst. P.C. Hughes proved the offence. Defendant stated that he had been a teetotaller for three weeks previous to this offence, but on going to the wake at Old Hill he was persuaded by his companions to drink. He was very sorry for it. The Bench adjourned the case for three months to put the defendant on his good behaviour. Joseph Cook, hawker, of Netherton, was summoned for being drunk and disorderly in High Street, Netherton, on the 13th inst. P.C. Clarke proved the case, and the defendant, against whom was recorded a previous conviction, was fined 5s. and costs, or 14 days. William Jackson alias "Daisy" was summoned for being found drunk in Oakeywell Street. A long list of convictions were recorded against him, but the last dated as far back as July last year. Defendant pleaded that he was affected with the bronchitis and was unable to follow up his employment. He went about the town doing odd work, for which, sometimes, ale was given to him. The ale that made him drunk on that occasion was given to him for work he had done. Defendant promised not to offend again and the case was adjourned for three months to put him on his good behaviour. Mary Clabby, an old offender, of the Belper, was summoned for being drunk on the 9th of July last, in Wolverhampton Street, Dudley. This case had previously been heard and had been adjourned to put the defendant on her good behaviour. The defendant, who had thirty convictions against her, was at the present time in gaol, and the Bench for this offence imposed a fine of 5s. and costs; in default 14 days' imprisonment."
Dudley and District News : September 22nd 1883 Page 5

Banks's Brewery Poster Advertisement

Mitchells's and Butler's Export Pale Ale Beer Label

Batham's Brewery Poster [c.1940s]

Ansell's - The Better Beer

Navigate via Interactive Map

Click here to visit the website's podcast episodes on Spotify

Click here to visit the website's YouTube Channel

Click here for a Pub Quiz

Click Here for the Pub Jukebox

Click or tap here for more information

Click here to visit the W3C Markup Validation Service