Some history of Wollaston
More information on Wollaston to follow. I probably created the page as I had a link to Wollaston from another page. When building the site it is easier to place links as they crop up rather than go back later on. I realise this is frustrating if you were specifically looking for information on Wollaston. There is information on Worcestershire dotted around the website - click here for a suitable starting place.
Have Your Say
If you would like to share any further information on Wollaston - perhaps you drank in one of the pubs in the past? Or maybe knew a previous publican running one of the boozers? Whatever the reason it would be great to hear of your stories or gossip. Simply send a message and I will post it here.
Related Newspaper Articles
"A woman named Eggerton, wife of a Fair View Terrace, Wollaston, was seriously burnt on Thursday evening. It appears that about 7.30 she was
sitting in her house with her children, when one of them accidentally upset a petroleum lamp which was lighted and standing upon the table. The flames spread rapidly, and
the woman trying to extinguish them got her cloth in contact with the fire. She was quickly enveloped with the blaze, and she at once made for the front door to get into
the street. At this time the neighbours, observing smoke and flames issuing from back door, rushed in, and succeeded in putting out the burning clothes of the woman. Dr.
Eagar was sent for, and on arriving an hour later, advised her removal to the Guest Hoepital, Dudley. The lower part of the woman's body is burnt very much, and the
and the arms, neck, and face are fearfully scorched. The greatest sympathy is expressed, as there is a large family, and the woman is near confinement."
"Alarming Lamp Accident"
Dudley Mercury : September 14th 1889 Page 4